The pressure to have it all figured out

I keep telling myself to slow down. To not rush. To trust the process. To take my time finding myself. But there’s another voice inside me that doesn’t stay quiet. A constant urge. To do something. To become something. To not stay in this “in-between” space for too long. Because being here… feels uncomfortable. It feels like everything around me looks fine. Life is moving. Responsibilities are being handled. On the outside, everything seems okay. But inside, there are questions. Unanswered ones. And that creates a kind of exhaustion no one really talks about. Not physical tiredness… but a mental and emotional heaviness. Thinking about what my kids need. What my husband needs. What needs to be done tomorrow. What I should be doing next. And somewhere in between all of that… I wonder about myself. What do I need? What do I want? What am I becoming? There are moments when I just feel tired. Not from doing too much, but from thinking too much. From carrying both — the responsibility of life and the pressure to have it all figured out. And the truth is… I don’t. I don’t know exactly what to do. I don’t know how or when things will become clear. But I’m still here. Still moving. Still thinking. Still trying to understand myself a little more each day. Maybe I don’t need all the answers right now. Maybe what I need is to pause without guilt. To rest without feeling like I’m falling behind. To give myself the same care I give everyone else. Because this constant pressure to “figure it out”… is tiring. And maybe it’s okay to admit that. Maybe it’s okay to not have clarity yet, and still continue. Not perfectly. Not confidently. But honestly.

Comments

Popular Posts