What happens when you finally pause

For the longest time, I kept myself busy. There was always something to do, something to take care of, something that needed my attention. And maybe, without realizing it, I was using all of it as a way to not sit with myself. But lately, I’ve started pausing. Not completely by choice… but because something inside me needed it. And I’ve noticed something strange. When you finally slow down, your thoughts don’t get quieter. They get louder. Things you ignored start coming up. Feelings you pushed aside start asking for attention. It’s uncomfortable. There are moments when I don’t know what to do with all of it. But at the same time… it feels real. Because for the first time, I’m not distracting myself. I’m actually listening. Maybe this is what reconnecting feels like. Not peaceful in the beginning. Not clear or easy. But honest. And maybe that’s where everything begins.

Comments

Popular Posts