Becoming the Woman I Needed — Calm Outside, Breaking Inside, Still Standing
Becoming the Woman I Needed — Calm Outside, Breaking Inside, Still Standing 🌿
Lately, I’ve realised something…
I feel calm in my heart.
There is a stillness within me.
A quiet space where I’m not reacting, not rushing, just… being.
But the moment someone questions me —
“Have you done this?”
“What about that?”
Something shifts.
I feel anxious.
I feel like my intentions are being questioned.
Like I’m not doing enough.
And suddenly…
that calm feels fragile.
Because the truth is —
I’m still not where I want to be.
I still fall.
I still feel overwhelmed.
I still get scared.
There are moments I feel like crying.
Like I just want to let everything out.
No explanations.
No expectations.
No questions.
Just me… with myself.
Just peace.
And sometimes I wonder…
is that too much to ask for?
You do so much for everyone.
You make yourself available.
You show up again and again.
But somehow…
it’s never enough.
People appreciate you behind your back…
but in front, you’re treated like someone who is just there to do things.
No acknowledgment.
No “thank you.”
Just expectations.
Even in my work…
as a real estate person, the same question always comes —
“How many listings have you got?”
And I think…
no one sees the effort.
No one sees that I’m trying every single day.
It feels like people only notice what you don’t do…
not what you do.
And that feeling…
it hurts.
Especially when you’re already trying to rebuild yourself.
Trying to trust yourself again.
Trying to feel confident.
Trying to see your own worth.
But slowly…
I’ve realised something else too.
Even when I feel like I might fall…
I don’t stay there.
My faith in God lifts me back up.
It gives me strength.
A quiet strength that doesn’t let me completely break.
And maybe that’s what’s keeping me going.
The belief that I’m not alone in this.
That even if I don’t understand the path…
I’m being guided through it.
So yes…
I feel calm in my heart.
But that doesn’t mean I don’t feel anxious.
It doesn’t mean I don’t struggle.
It just means…
I’ve learned to come back to myself.
Again and again.
Even in moments of fear.
Even in moments of doubt.
Because I’ve surrendered now.
To God’s will.
To the process.
To wherever this path is taking me.
And maybe…
this is healing too.
Not becoming perfect.
Not having everything figured out.
But not giving up.
Falling…
and still choosing to rise.
Feeling lost…
and still finding your way back to yourself.
Over and over again 🌿
Comments