Becoming the Woman I Needed — Choosing Myself, Even When It’s Not Enough for Others 🌿
Even though there is calm in my heart now…
even though I know I am healing slowly…
there are still moments that hurt.
I’ve realised something very clearly —
Because I’ve been so available all these years,
people stopped valuing me.
They just assume I’ll be there.
That I’ll do it.
Because it’s expected.
No questions asked.
No appreciation.
Just expectation.
And sometimes…
no matter how much you do…
it’s never enough.
I feel it.
For example, if I don’t get a listing in my work…
that becomes the focus.
Not the effort.
Not the trying.
Not everything else I do beyond that.
Just that one thing.
And I’ve even been told —
“Have some shame, you haven’t got a listing in three months.”
And I sat there thinking…
When did that become my worth?
When did I stop being important?
When did I start feeling like I have no value?
That feeling…
it stays with you.
It makes you question yourself.
It makes you doubt everything you’re trying to rebuild.
But something inside me has shifted now.
Instead of reacting…
I’ve chosen something different.
I choose not to react.
I choose to just be.
If I get it… okay.
If I don’t… that’s okay too.
Because my worth is not just one outcome.
And slowly…
I’ve started choosing myself.
Over disappointment.
Over expectations.
Over explaining myself again and again.
Just me… with myself.
And I’ve realised something —
People will say what they want.
People will react how they want.
They won’t change.
But I can choose myself.
And maybe that’s where everything begins.
I’ve started sitting in silence…
meditating in the name of God…
because I know my intentions are pure.
And I trust that He sees everything.
Even what people don’t.
My faith has become stronger than the chaos around me.
Stronger than the noise.
Stronger than the doubt.
And even though I don’t know how everything will work out…
I believe in this —
That something better is already planned for me.
That I will find my way.
That I will reach where I’m meant to be.
So for now…
I choose myself.
Even if it’s uncomfortable.
Even if it’s misunderstood.
Because I know…
this is where my healing is leading me
Comments