Becoming the Woman I Needed — Healing Doesn’t Always Feel Heavy

For the longest time, I thought healing would feel heavy. Like something painful. Something intense. Something you have to go through and survive. But lately… it doesn’t feel like that at all. As I’ve been trying to find myself… something softer has been happening. I’ve started loving myself in small, quiet ways. Looking after myself. Dressing up, even when I’m not going anywhere. Sitting with a cup of tea… just being. Going for walks. Spending time in nature. Meeting friends. Doing little things that make me feel like… me again. And slowly… I feel like I’m coming back to a version of myself I had lost somewhere along the way. The version of me that existed before responsibilities took over. Before expectations shaped me. Before I forgot what it felt like to just be carefree. And maybe… that’s what healing really is. Not always breaking down… but sometimes gently coming back together. I feel like my faith in God has a big part in all of this. Like He is guiding me through this phase. Helping me slow down. Helping me see myself again. Through that child within me who once didn’t overthink everything. Who just lived. Maybe self-love is healing. Maybe reconnecting with yourself is healing. And maybe… this phase was always meant to happen. For me to pause. To mellow down. To step away from everything so I could return to myself. I’m still unsure about my path. I still don’t have all the answers. But for the first time… I’m not rushing to find them. I’m just enjoying this phase. Letting it unfold. Letting myself feel it fully. Because something about this feels right. And if you’re reading this and you feel something similar… If you feel like you’re lost, but also slowly finding your way back… Come heal with me. Maybe in sharing my thoughts, in opening my heart like this… I might help even one person feel seen. And maybe that, in its own way… is a kind of healing too.

Comments

Popular Posts