Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning to Trust Myself Again
Lately, I’ve realised something…
I don’t trust myself the way I used to.
Even the smallest decisions feel heavy.
I question what I choose.
I overthink what I say.
I doubt even the things that feel right.
And I wonder…
when did this happen?
When did I stop listening to myself?
Maybe it happened slowly.
Over time…
while trying to meet expectations,
while doing what was needed,
while putting everyone else first…
somewhere, I stopped choosing me.
And now, even when I try…
it feels unfamiliar.
I feel scared of making the wrong decision.
Scared of getting it wrong.
Scared of what people might think.
So I pause.
I hesitate.
I go back and forth in my mind.
And it becomes exhausting.
But at the same time…
something within me is changing.
I’m starting to listen to myself again.
In small ways.
Choosing what I feel like doing.
Saying no when something doesn’t feel right.
Letting myself be, without over-explaining.
It’s not perfect.
I still doubt myself.
I still go back to old patterns.
But now…
I notice it.
And that feels like a beginning.
Because maybe trusting yourself again
doesn’t happen all at once.
Maybe it starts like this —
Quietly.
With small choices.
With small moments of honesty.
With listening to your own voice, even when it feels shaky.
And through it all…
my faith in God keeps grounding me.
Because even when I don’t fully trust myself yet…
I trust that I’m being guided.
That I won’t be led somewhere that isn’t meant for me.
So slowly…
I’m learning.
To trust what I feel.
To trust what I choose.
To trust the person I’m becoming.
Maybe I don’t need to have everything figured out.
Maybe I just need to stop doubting myself so much.
Maybe healing isn’t just about finding myself…
Maybe it’s about trusting myself again.
And I think…
I’m finally starting to.
Comments