Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Slowly Becoming Confident Again 🌿
I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately…
I am slowly becoming confident again.
But if I’m honest…
it’s not easy.
There are still moments
when my heart starts racing for no reason.
Moments where I feel nervous…
where anxiety quietly creeps in.
Even small things can feel big.
And all I really want sometimes…
is to just feel good
about the things I do.
Without questioning.
Without overthinking.
But it’s hard.
Because somewhere along the way…
I feel like I lost myself.
I don’t even know when it happened.
When did I become so underconfident?
When did I start doubting myself so much?
I used to be different.
Stronger.
More sure of myself.
More free.
And now…
it feels like I’m trying to find that girl again.
Like I’m searching for a part of me
that got lost somewhere in life.
And finding her…
it’s not instant.
It’s a process.
Slow.
Gradual.
Sometimes frustrating.
But I’m trying.
Every day.
Trying to rebuild that confidence.
Trying to trust myself again.
Trying to feel safe within myself.
Because I know…
confidence doesn’t come back overnight.
It comes in small steps.
In small moments.
In choosing yourself
even when you feel unsure.
Healing is a huge process.
And I’m in the middle of it.
Still learning.
Still growing.
Still figuring things out.
But one thing hasn’t changed —
my faith in God.
It’s still strong.
Stronger than my fear.
Stronger than my doubt.
Because deep down…
I know He is with me.
At every step.
Guiding me…
even when I don’t understand where I’m going.
Sometimes…
I just wish someone would say —
“You’re doing right.”
“You’re on the right path.”
“You will be okay.”
And maybe…
that’s something I need to start telling myself.
Because I’ve been through a lot.
At a very young age…
I lost my mum.
The one person you need the most.
And that kind of loss…
it stays with you.
It shapes you.
But then…
I was blessed with my grandmother.
She loved me so deeply.
So purely.
She became that strength for me.
And now…
when I’m a mother myself…
I realise how strong they both were.
And sometimes…
it feels hard to live up to that strength.
But I’m trying.
Trying to be strong in my own way.
Trying to be present.
Trying to grow.
Trying to heal.
Trying to become someone
my children can feel safe with.
And someone I can feel safe with too.
Because at the end of the day…
that’s what I really want.
To trust myself.
To feel safe within myself.
To believe in myself again.
I know I’ve lost my confidence somewhere.
But I also know…
I will find it again.
Maybe not all at once.
But slowly.
Gradually.
In my own time.
I’m not in a hurry anymore.
I don’t need to rush healing.
Because this is my journey.
And I will get there.
Step by step.
With faith.
With patience.
With self-love.
And one day…
I’ll look back at this version of me
and realise —
this is where I started becoming confident again 🌿
Comments