Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Don’t Compare Myself Anymore 🌿
I’ve realised something lately…
I don’t compare myself the way I used to.
There was a time when I would look at others and feel like I was behind.
Behind in life.
Behind in success.
Behind in figuring things out.
I would see people doing so much for themselves…
moving ahead, achieving things, being confident…
And I would quietly question myself —
What am I doing?
Why am I not there yet?
And slowly…
that comparison started taking something away from me.
My confidence.
My peace.
My belief in myself.
Because no matter what I did…
it never felt enough.
There was always someone doing more.
Doing better.
Moving faster.
But now…
something has changed.
I’ve started understanding that
everyone is living a different life.
A different journey.
A different timing.
What works for someone else
may not be meant for me right now.
And that doesn’t make me less.
It just makes me… me.
I’ve stopped rushing to catch up.
Stopped feeling like I’m late.
Stopped putting that pressure on myself
to have everything figured out.
Because the truth is…
I’m still learning.
Still growing.
Still healing.
Still finding my way.
And that’s okay.
I don’t need to match someone else’s pace.
I don’t need to prove anything.
I don’t need to become someone else
to feel worthy.
I just need to become myself.
And honestly…
there is peace in that.
A calm feeling that I didn’t have before.
Now when I see others doing well…
I don’t feel bad.
I just feel… neutral.
Or even happy for them.
Because I know
their journey is theirs.
And mine is mine.
I’ve started focusing more on myself now.
What I like.
What I want.
What feels right to me.
Even if I’m still unsure.
Even if I’m still scared.
I’m moving at my own pace.
And that feels enough.
My faith in God has helped me a lot in this.
Because I truly believe —
What is meant for me
will find me.
At the right time.
In the right way.
And I don’t need to chase it
by comparing myself to others.
I just need to keep moving.
Keep trusting.
Keep being honest with myself.
Because maybe…
life is not about being ahead of someone else.
Maybe it’s about being in the right place
for yourself.
And for the first time…
I feel like I’m getting there.
Slowly.
Quietly.
But truly 🌿
Comments