Becoming the Woman I Needed — Learning to Choose Myself in a World That Doesn’t Always See Me
I’ve realised something lately…
People can say things, hurt you, and move on like nothing happened.
No apology.
No accountability.
Just — “I was stressed.”
And I sit there thinking…
Don’t we get stressed too?
Women carry so much.
For years…
we take care of responsibilities,
we show up for everyone,
we keep things running,
we hold everything together.
But no one really asks —
Are you okay?
And the truth is…
sometimes we’re not.
We feel overwhelmed.
We feel anxious.
We feel exhausted.
Sometimes it even turns into something deeper…
like anxiety, like depression.
But still…
we get up.
We do what is required.
We do what is expected.
Because that’s what we’ve always done.
And yet…
it’s still not enough.
That’s when I realised something important —
Whatever you do… do it for yourself.
Because no matter how much you give,
no matter how much you do…
for some people, it will never feel like enough.
And that’s not your failure.
That’s just how things are.
So now…
I’ve started changing the way I show up.
I don’t react the way I used to.
I don’t overgive the way I used to.
I don’t explain myself again and again.
I just do what is required.
And then…
I choose myself.
And in that…
there is a strange kind of peace.
A calm in my heart
that I didn’t know I needed.
I like it this way.
No chasing.
No running to prove anything.
No trying to be everything for everyone.
Just being.
And maybe this is healing too.
Being aware of everything around you…
seeing what people say, what they do…
but not reacting the same way anymore.
Choosing peace over reaction.
Choosing yourself over approval.
Sometimes I still wonder —
Why is it so easy for some people
to not acknowledge when they are wrong?
To hurt… and just move on?
But I’ve stopped searching for those answers.
Because maybe…
not everything needs to be understood.
Some things just need to be accepted
so you can move forward.
Now, I enjoy my own company more.
Sitting quietly.
Meditating in the name of God.
Trusting that everything I’m going through
has a purpose.
That something better is already planned for me.
I don’t know what it is yet.
I don’t know where this path is taking me.
But I believe…
I will find my way.
I will understand what I truly want from life.
Not just exist as someone’s daughter,
someone’s mother,
someone’s wife…
but as myself.
Until then…
I will keep moving forward.
With patience.
With faith.
With calm.
No rush to figure everything out.
Because deep down…
I know —
Everything will eventually work out 🌿
Comments