Becoming the Woman I Needed — This New Me Feels Different
Lately, I’ve been feeling different.
Not in a loud or obvious way…
but something inside me has shifted.
I don’t feel the need to react anymore.
I don’t feel the need to over explain.
I don’t feel the need to prove anything.
I just like to be.
And that feels… new.
There is a calmer version of me now.
Quieter.
Wiser.
More aware of what feels right and what doesn’t.
I understand things differently.
I see things differently.
And for the first time…
I feel like I’m not forcing anything.
But at the same time…
I feel scared.
A little anxious.
Because this version of me is unfamiliar.
I’ve lived so long being the one who reacted,
who overthought,
who felt everything so deeply…
that this calm feels almost strange.
Like I don’t fully understand it yet.
And sometimes…
it shows up in the quietest ways.
I find myself just sitting,
thinking…
and then slowly drifting away into my own thoughts.
Like I’m there, but not fully there.
Just staring…
dazing out…
lost somewhere between thoughts and silence.
And I don’t even realise when it happens.
Earlier, I would have questioned it.
Why am I like this?
What’s wrong with me?
But now…
I don’t feel the need to fight it.
Maybe this is my mind slowing down.
Maybe this is me processing everything I’ve been through.
Maybe this is what happens when you finally pause
after constantly being “on” for so long.
It’s not sadness.
It’s not even emptiness.
It’s just… stillness.
A quiet space within me that I’m still getting used to.
And even though it feels unfamiliar…
I think it’s part of my healing too.
Learning to sit with myself.
Without noise.
Without distraction.
Without needing to escape.
Just being.
Even if that means getting lost in my own thoughts sometimes.
And maybe…
this is what growth feels like.
Not loud.
Not chaotic.
Just a quiet shift within.
And even if it scares me a little…
I think I like this version of me.
And maybe…
this is who I was becoming all along
Comments