Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Exactly Where I Need To Be 🌿
Lately…
I’ve realised something important —
sometimes you just need to listen to yourself.
Your own heart.
Your own feelings.
Your own peace.
Everything else…
is just noise.
People will always have opinions.
They will always say something.
But at the end of the day…
this is your life.
And you only get one.
So maybe…
life is not meant to be controlled so much.
Maybe it’s meant to be lived.
As it comes.
Today I went to a wedding.
And for the first time in a long time…
I truly enjoyed myself.
The ambience.
The music.
The food.
The dancing.
Everything felt light.
And when I danced…
I felt something I had forgotten.
Happiness.
Not the kind where you are simply “okay.”
But real happiness.
Free happiness.
For those few moments…
I wasn’t overthinking.
I wasn’t stressed.
I wasn’t worried about responsibilities.
I was just there.
Living the moment.
Smiling genuinely.
Feeling alive.
And suddenly I realised —
maybe I had forgotten
how to truly enjoy life.
With all the responsibilities,
I was living…
but I wasn’t fully feeling.
And this felt different.
There was freedom in it.
A calmness.
A peace.
And honestly…
I think these small moments
are what healing really is.
Not big changes.
Not perfect answers.
Just small moments
where your heart feels light again.
Where you reconnect with yourself.
Even silly things now make me happy.
Trying trends.
Doing random things.
Laughing at myself.
And for once…
I don’t really care
what others think about me.
That itself feels healing.
And I truly believe
my faith in God has brought me here.
Every step I’ve taken…
even the difficult ones…
have led me back to myself.
Sometimes we don’t understand
why things happen the way they do.
But maybe God has different ways
of reconnecting us to who we really are.
I’m still figuring things out.
I still don’t fully know
what I want from life.
But one thing I know for sure is —
I am exactly where I need to be.
Not behind.
Not lost.
Not failing.
Just becoming.
I’ve entered a phase
where peace matters more than anything.
No chasing.
No forcing.
If someone talks to me, I talk.
If they don’t…
I quietly step back.
No hard feelings.
No need to prove myself anymore.
Just me…
with myself.
And honestly…
that feels more than enough now.
Something inside me has changed.
I can feel it.
And even though I’m still understanding it…
I like this version of me.
Softer.
Calmer.
More aware.
Maybe life really does unfold on its own.
Maybe time reveals everything slowly.
So until then…
I just want to enjoy life.
One moment at a time.
Like it truly matters.
Because it does.
I’ve stopped expecting too much from people.
Now…
my expectations are only from myself
and from God.
Because eventually…
everyone lives their own life.
Even children grow up
and create lives of their own.
And in the end…
you are left with yourself.
So why not enjoy your own company?
Why not try something crazy sometimes?
Why not laugh more?
Dance more?
Live more?
Life is already moving.
So maybe healing is simply this —
learning to enjoy it again 🌿
Comments