Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Finally Listening To Myself 🌿
For years…
I listened to everyone else so much
that somewhere along the way…
I stopped hearing myself.
I adjusted constantly.
Stayed quiet.
Ignored my feelings.
Doubted my instincts.
If someone said something harsh,
I believed maybe they were right.
If someone questioned my decisions,
I questioned myself too.
And slowly…
I disconnected from my own voice.
But lately…
something has changed inside me.
I’ve started listening to myself again.
Not the noise around me.
Not the opinions.
Not the constant criticism.
Just myself.
And honestly…
there is so much peace in that.
I’ve reached a stage where
if people want to think something about me…
they can.
I no longer chase people to understand me.
No more overexplaining.
No more trying to prove my intentions.
Just me…
with myself.
Because enough is enough.
I am human too.
I have feelings too.
And after years of feeling let down,
dismissed,
and made to feel small…
I finally realised —
I deserve peace too.
Now I take decisions for myself.
Without validation.
Whether it’s shopping,
going out,
making plans,
or simply doing what makes me happy.
I don’t need permission anymore
to live my own life.
And maybe this is what healing looks like —
slowly trusting your own voice again.
People can behave rudely.
They can try to control you through tone, authority, or criticism.
They can say things like:
“Learn how to talk.”
“Learn first, then speak.”
But honestly…
I don’t want to stress myself trying to please people anymore.
Because people who constantly want control
will never truly be satisfied anyway.
So now…
I choose differently.
I step back.
I protect my peace.
I listen more to my own heart
than to the chaos around me.
And through all of this…
my faith in God has become stronger than ever.
Stronger than people’s opinions.
Stronger than negativity.
Stronger than fear.
I truly believe
He is guiding me back to myself.
That’s why I’m calmer now.
Not because life became perfect…
but because I no longer want to lose myself
trying to make everyone else comfortable.
Now…
I simply let people be.
Do whatever.
Say whatever.
I am finally listening to myself again.
And honestly…
that peace feels beautiful 🌿
Comments