Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning To Stop Carrying Everything Alone
For years,
I became the “strong one.”
The one who handled everything quietly.
The responsibilities.
The house.
The children.
The emotions.
The overthinking.
The pressure.
Even when I was mentally exhausted,
I still continued.
Because somewhere along the way,
women are taught that managing everything is simply expected from them.
No pause.
No breakdown.
No complaints.
Just keep going.
And honestly…
after a point, you become so used to carrying everything alone
that asking for help starts feeling like weakness.
Even resting feels wrong.
You feel guilty for slowing down.
Guilty for wanting space.
Guilty for being tired.
But lately…
I’ve started realising something important:
just because I am strong
does not mean I should carry the weight of everything alone.
I am human too.
I get tired too.
I feel emotionally drained too.
And sometimes the hardest part is that nobody really notices your mental exhaustion.
People see what you do.
But they don’t always see what it costs you emotionally.
The constant thinking.
The emotional pressure.
The silent anxiety.
The responsibility of always holding things together.
And yet…
you still wake up every day and continue.
That itself is strength.
But healing is teaching me something different now.
Healing is teaching me that softness is not weakness.
Rest is not laziness.
And asking for help does not make me less capable.
It makes me human.
These days I’m trying to become gentler with myself.
To stop carrying emotions that were never mine to hold.
To stop feeling responsible for everyone’s moods, reactions, or behaviour.
To pause when I feel overwhelmed instead of forcing myself beyond my limit.
Because peace is important too.
My mental health matters too.
My emotional well-being matters too.
I no longer want to survive in constant pressure.
I want softness in my life.
Calmness.
Space to breathe.
Space to simply exist without always being “needed.”
And maybe this is part of healing too —
learning that you deserve support, care, understanding, and rest just as much as everyone else.
My faith in God is helping me through this phase deeply.
Every day I slowly surrender my emotional burdens to Him.
The fears.
The overthinking.
The pressure to always be everything for everyone.
And with that surrender,
I feel lighter.
Not completely healed yet.
But lighter.
Maybe life was never meant to be carried alone.
Maybe healing begins the moment you stop trying to hold the entire world on your shoulders by yourself 🌿
Comments