Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning That Not Everyone Will Understand Me
Healing teaches you many things.
One of the hardest lessons is this:
not everyone will understand your heart, your silence, or your journey.
And slowly…
I am learning to be okay with that.
For the longest time,
I kept trying to explain myself.
My intentions.
My choices.
My emotions.
Even my silence.
I thought if I explained better,
people would finally understand me.
But healing has shown me something different —
people only understand from the level of awareness and emotional depth they have themselves.
Some people react quickly.
Judge quickly.
Speak harshly without realizing how deeply their words stay inside someone else.
Sometimes the people closest to you say things so casually,
yet those words sit heavy in your heart for days.
Words can become wounds.
And no matter how strong you try to be,
some pain still reaches your soul.
Earlier I used to overthink everything.
Replay conversations in my mind.
Question myself.
Wonder if maybe I really was the problem.
But now…
I’m slowly learning not to carry every opinion into my spirit.
Because healing is not becoming emotionless.
Healing is learning what deserves your energy and what does not.
These days, I choose peace differently.
Sometimes I stay quiet.
Not because I am weak.
Not because I have nothing to say.
But because I have realised not every reaction deserves my emotional energy.
Sometimes silence protects your peace more than words ever can.
And honestly…
I no longer expect everyone to understand me.
Some people misunderstand your softness.
Some misunderstand your friendships.
Some misunderstand your parenting, your choices, your spending, your emotions.
But constantly trying to prove your heart to people who have already judged you only leaves you emotionally exhausted.
So now…
I am learning to return back to myself instead.
To my calmness.
To my healing.
To my faith.
I have also realised that some people will always give advice, opinions, or directions for your life — even when you never asked.
Earlier it used to bother me deeply.
Now I simply smile and move forward quietly.
Because I know something very important now:
I do not need everyone’s approval to live my life.
I trust myself more.
I trust my heart more.
And above all, I trust God more.
My faith reminds me every day that I do not have to control everything, explain everything, or fight every misunderstanding.
Some things are better left to time, growth, and God.
Healing is teaching me to become softer with myself.
Kinder to my own heart.
More protective of my peace.
And maybe true healing is this —
learning to stop shrinking yourself just because others fail to understand you.
So now…
I let people think what they want.
And I quietly continue becoming the woman I was always meant to be 🌿
Comments