Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Not Weak For Feeling Deeply ๐ŸŒฟ

People often mistake sensitivity for weakness. Just because someone feels deeply, cries quietly, or gets hurt by words… does not mean they are weak. It simply means they have a soft heart. And lately, I’ve realised I am one of those people. Tone affects me. Words stay in my mind. Even after conflict ends, my heart keeps replaying everything. I still get anxiety after someone yells. My chest feels heavy. My mind overthinks. And sometimes… I cry silently where nobody can see. Not because I want attention. But because carrying emotions quietly becomes exhausting. People often say things like: “You take things too seriously.” “You’re too sensitive.” But what they don’t understand is — feeling deeply is not a flaw. It is human. Some people can move on from harsh words quickly. Others feel them deeply inside. God made everyone differently. And I think sensitive people carry both pain and love more intensely. People have become so insensitive these days. People speak harshly, react quickly, criticize easily… without ever thinking how deeply their words can affect someone. But no matter how much I get hurt, I still cannot become like that. I cannot become cold-hearted. Because deep down, all I have ever wanted is simple — love, respect, kindness, and peace. And if even after doing so much, people still cannot value you properly… then maybe the answer is not to keep proving yourself. Maybe the answer is to finally choose yourself. To do what feels right for you. To satisfy your own heart instead of constantly trying to satisfy others. Because no matter how much you do, some people will still complain. Still judge. Still misunderstand. So now… I no longer want to lose myself trying to win love from people who refuse to see my worth. I would rather protect my peace, stay soft, stay grounded in faith, and quietly live life on my own terms. For a long time, I thought maybe I needed to become harder. Colder. Less emotional. But now… I don’t want bitterness to change who I am. I don’t want pain to turn me into someone harsh. Instead… I’m learning something different. I’m learning that softness can also be strength. Choosing calmness instead of chaos is strength. Walking away from arguments is strength. Staying gentle in a world that constantly hardens people is strength. Healing emotionally without becoming bitter is strength. And honestly… that healing is not easy. There are still days where I feel emotionally drained. Days where one harsh comment ruins my mood. Days where I question myself again. But slowly… I’m learning to protect my peace instead of reacting to everything. I’m learning that not every battle deserves my energy. I’m learning to sit with myself gently instead of blaming myself for feeling deeply. And through all of this… my faith in God keeps me grounded. I truly believe He understands the parts of me that nobody else sees. The silent tears. The anxiety. The emotional exhaustion. The sensitive heart trying to stay strong. Maybe that’s why despite everything… I still choose softness. I still choose peace. I still choose kindness. Because deep down… I know being gentle in a harsh world is not weakness at all. It is strength ๐ŸŒฟ

Comments

Popular Posts