Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Choose Peace Over Unsolicited Advice 🌿

Lately… I’ve realised people will never stop giving advice. Even when you don’t ask. They send reels, life lessons, motivational quotes, opinions… as if you cannot think for yourself. And honestly… it gets exhausting. I maintain my distance. I talk less. I keep things to myself. Yet somehow people still try to parent me. Why? Why do some people feel the need to constantly tell others how to live? I am an adult. I can think for myself. I can make my own decisions. I can make mistakes and learn from them too. That is part of life. But some people behave as if you should live according to their thinking only. And if you don’t… they keep pushing their opinions on you. Earlier I used to explain myself. Now… I simply don’t. Because I’ve realised you cannot change people who don’t understand boundaries. The only thing you can do is protect your peace. So now… I ignore. I don’t react much. If someone asks whether I saw something they sent, I simply say: “I saw it, don’t worry.” And that one sentence puts a full stop to everything. No arguments. No explanations. No stress. Because honestly… I no longer want negativity around me. I choose positive surroundings only. Peaceful energy. Gentle conversations. People who respect space. Not constant interference. Not unnecessary advice. I think some people are so busy focusing on others’ lives because they haven’t focused enough on their own. But that is their journey. Not mine. My job now is simply to live my life the way I want to. Quietly. Peacefully. Without needing approval. And through all of this… my faith in God keeps me grounded. I truly believe He is guiding me through this phase for a reason. Maybe this journey is teaching me boundaries. Teaching me silence. Teaching me that peace is more important than constantly reacting to people. So now… I choose calmness. I choose distance when needed. I choose myself. And most importantly…

Comments

Popular Posts