Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Choose What Feels Right To My Heart 🌿
Lately, I’ve started realising something very deeply —
people will always have opinions.
About your life.
Your choices.
Your friendships.
Your way of thinking.
No matter what you do,
someone will always find something to question.
And honestly, this happens often.
Even while casually watching television, somehow certain scenes or dialogues get connected back to me.
A random comment on TV suddenly becomes:
“This is exactly what you do.”
Yesterday while watching something on TV,
there was a scene where someone said:
“By ruining someone else’s house, don’t think yours will be fulfilled.”
Immediately my husband looked at me and said:
“Pass this message to your friend. This is exactly what I keep telling you.”
And I just sat there quietly thinking —
why does everything always need to become personal?
Why can’t something just remain a show, a scene, a passing moment… without making me feel judged or targeted?
The truth is…
nobody can ruin your relationship unless you allow it.
Friends can only give advice, opinions, or emotional support.
At the end of the day,
it is always your own mind and your own decisions that shape your life.
And personally…
I don’t think sharing your feelings with close friends is wrong.
Sometimes talking helps.
Sometimes expressing yourself is healthier than silently carrying everything inside.
Not everyone is lucky enough to feel emotionally safe everywhere.
So naturally, people talk to those who make them feel heard.
And after 16 years of friendship,
I have realised something important —
real friends are the ones who:
* listen without judgment,
* support without controlling,
* and make you feel emotionally lighter, not emotionally unsafe.
I also feel many husbands dislike friendships because they fear outside opinions influencing you.
But honestly…
nobody controls me except myself and God.
I listen to everyone,
but I still decide what feels right for my own life.
And now I have reached a stage where
I no longer want to explain every friendship, every conversation, or every choice.
I trust myself enough to know my intentions.
If someone constantly misunderstands you,
judges your heart,
or makes you feel guilty for simply expressing yourself…
then maybe silence becomes easier.
Not because you are hiding something.
But because peace becomes more important than proving yourself.
Earlier these little comments used to hurt me deeply.
I would overthink them for hours.
But now…
I’m slowly learning not to carry every opinion into my heart.
Because if someone has already decided to misunderstand you, no amount of explaining will change it.
So I simply stay quiet, protect my peace, and move on.
Marriage has taught me many things.
One of the biggest is this:
protect your peace.
People will:
* judge you,
* criticize you,
* make you feel guilty,
* and try to shape you according to their own thinking.
But eventually you realise —
you cannot live your entire life trying to fit into everyone else’s expectations.
You have one life.
And you deserve to live it in a way that feels emotionally safe to you.
So now…
I choose people who bring calmness into my life.
I choose conversations that feel genuine.
I choose friendships that feel comforting.
And most importantly…
I choose myself.
My peace.
My heart.
My healing.
My faith in God gives me the strength to move through all this quietly.
To stop reacting to every opinion.
To stop fearing judgment.
To trust my own heart more.
And maybe that itself is healing —
learning to live life according to your soul,
not according to everyone else’s noise 🌿
Comments