Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Don’t React The Way I Used To 🌿
Lately…
I’ve realised something.
No matter how much you do for people…
they still react to the smallest things.
One small mistake
and suddenly it becomes a huge issue.
The yelling.
The tone.
The criticism.
As if you are not allowed to make mistakes.
And sometimes I sit and wonder —
am I not human too?
Am I supposed to always do everything perfectly?
Always understand everyone?
Always adjust?
And if by chance something goes wrong…
why does it become a reason to demean someone?
To make them feel small?
To make them feel like they know nothing?
Earlier…
these things used to affect me deeply.
I would overthink everything.
Stress over every word.
Feel anxious.
Feel depressed.
Keep replaying conversations in my head.
Trying to explain myself.
Trying to prove my intentions.
Trying to make people understand me.
But now…
I don’t react the way I used to.
Not because it doesn’t hurt.
It does.
Of course it hurts.
I am human.
But I’ve realised something important —
there is no point explaining yourself
to someone who has already decided not to understand you.
Some people don’t listen to understand.
They only react.
And honestly…
people only change when they want to.
Not because we explain.
Not because we beg them to see our worth.
I haven’t opened a training centre to teach people how to behave.
People should learn to reflect on their own actions.
That responsibility is not mine anymore.
So now…
I choose differently.
I stay quiet.
I listen.
And then I protect my peace.
That’s all.
Because reacting to everything only drains me.
And I no longer want to carry that heaviness in my heart.
I’ve started understanding that people’s behaviour often comes from their own frustrations, insecurities, and unhappiness.
It has nothing to do with my worth.
And once I understood that…
I slowly stopped taking everything personally.
Now…
I focus more on myself.
My healing.
My peace.
My happiness.
I enjoy my time.
I enjoy small moments.
And most importantly…
I trust God.
I truly believe He will guide me to where I am meant to be.
Earlier I used to feel lost in negativity.
Now…
I just let things pass.
No reaction is still a reaction.
And sometimes…
silence protects your heart more than words ever can.
People may never change.
But I have changed.
I have become stronger from within.
So strong that criticism, judgement, and constant opinions no longer shake me the way they used to.
Now…
I simply live and let live.
And honestly…
that peace feels beautiful 🌿
Comments