Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning To Celebrate Myself 🌿
Lately, I have been thinking about how much I have changed.
Not in big, dramatic ways.
But in the little things.
The things no one else notices.
The things only I know.
Small joys now bring me peace.
A coffee.
A walk.
Taking photos.
Meeting a friend.
Going to the temple.
My morning breathwork and meditation have become my quiet space where I reconnect with myself before the world asks anything of me.
For years, I thought happiness would come when everything around me changed.
Now I know it starts with me.
I don’t take stress the way I used to.
I don’t spend hours worrying about things I cannot control.
I have left so much in God’s hands.
Whatever His will is, I will follow.
That doesn’t mean life is easy.
It simply means I no longer carry the weight of trying to control everything.
One of the biggest lessons I have learned is that relationships teach you who values you.
I don’t chase people anymore.
I don’t keep calling someone who never calls me.
I don’t force conversations.
I don’t keep pouring into relationships where my effort isn’t returned.
I match the energy people give me.
If someone makes time for me, I happily make time for them.
If they don’t, I quietly take a step back.
Not out of anger.
Not to punish anyone.
But to protect my peace.
It didn’t happen overnight.
It happened after years of giving so much and slowly realizing that I wasn’t always valued the way I valued others.
That realization hurt.
But it also changed me.
I chose myself.
I chose my self-respect.
I have also realized that kindness doesn’t always mean people will be kind to you.
Sometimes even the simplest conversations come with harsh words.
People speak without thinking.
People judge without knowing.
People criticize without understanding.
I used to carry those words with me.
Now I let them go.
Because I have learned that someone else’s way of speaking says more about them than it does about me.
That has been one of the hardest lessons to accept.
But also one of the most freeing.
In a month, I will turn 40.
Half of my life has already passed.
And that thought doesn’t make me sad.
It makes me grateful.
Grateful for every lesson.
Every heartbreak.
Every challenge.
Every prayer.
Every moment that slowly shaped me into the woman I am becoming.
I don’t want to spend the next chapter of my life proving myself.
I don’t want to waste it chasing people who don’t see my worth.
I don’t want to carry unnecessary stress or hold on to anger.
I simply want peace.
I want to do my duty with love.
I want to be there for the people who value my presence.
I want to enjoy the little moments.
And I want to leave the rest to God.
Today, I celebrate myself.
Not because I have a perfect life.
Not because I have all the answers.
But because I didn’t give up on myself.
I kept going.
I kept believing.
I kept healing.
I kept choosing peace, even when it was difficult.
And I think that is worth celebrating.
The woman I am today is someone I am finally proud to know.
And I have faith that the woman I am still becoming will make me even prouder. 🌿✨
Comments