Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning To Stop Carrying What Isn’t Mine 🌿

Today I went to the doctor for a check-up. I came home with some medicine and thought nothing of it. But then came the questions. “You don’t have anything.” “Why did the doctor give you medicine?” “Are all the other doctors wrong?” And I just sat there thinking. Did I ask for anyone’s opinion? Did anyone come with me to the appointment? Do they know how I feel in my own body? The answer is no. Yet somehow, people always seem to have something to say. And for a moment, it hurt. Not because of the medicine. But because it made me realize how often my feelings are dismissed. How often people think they know better than me about my own experiences. How often I find myself explaining things that shouldn’t need an explanation. For years, I carried that. I carried other people’s opinions. Their doubts. Their criticism. Their frustrations. Their moods. As if it was my responsibility to make everyone understand. As if their approval was needed before I could trust myself. But lately, I have been learning something important. Not every burden belongs to me. Just because someone questions me doesn’t mean I have to question myself. Just because someone doesn’t believe me doesn’t mean I stop believing myself. Just because someone dismisses my feelings doesn’t mean they are not real. The truth is, people see life through their own experiences. And sometimes they are so focused on their own view that they forget yours exists too. That used to upset me. Now it makes me pause. Because I am beginning to understand that not everything needs a reaction. Not everything needs defending. Not everything needs carrying. I don’t need to carry someone else’s doubts about me. I don’t need to carry their stress. I don’t need to carry their opinions. I have enough of my own journey to walk. Sometimes I still feel invisible. Sometimes I still wonder why it feels like my voice gets lost in the noise. But then I remind myself that I don’t need everyone to see me for me to matter. I don’t need everyone to agree with me for me to trust myself. I don’t need everyone to understand me for my experience to be valid. The woman I am becoming is learning to put things down. The criticism. The guilt. The responsibility for fixing everyone else’s emotions. The pressure to explain herself. Because those things were never mine to carry in the first place. These days, I choose to listen to myself more. To trust myself more. To follow what feels right to me. And most importantly, to trust God. My faith reminds me that I don’t have to fight every battle. I don’t have to convince every person. I don’t have to prove myself at every turn. Some things are better left where they belong. With the people who created them. And with God. So today, I am putting down another burden that was never mine. And I am choosing peace instead. 🌿✨

Comments

Popular Posts