Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning That Healing Doesn’t Always Look Like Healing 🌿

I used to think healing would feel different. I thought one day I would wake up and feel lighter. Stronger. More confident. As if all the hurt, anxiety, and sadness would suddenly disappear. But that isn’t how it has been for me. The truth is, somewhere along this journey, I still feel lost. I am doing everything I can to reconnect with myself. I do my breathwork. I meditate. I meet friends. I go out more. I take photos. I laugh. I try to focus on the good. And yet sometimes, something happens that tears me apart all over again. Like that dinner I went to recently. Everyone was laughing. Talking. Having a good time. But somehow I became the topic of conversation. And even now, the laughter from that night still sits with me. Maybe nobody else remembers it. But I do. For a moment, I felt like a joke. I came home carrying that feeling. Then yesterday, while filling out a form, I made a mistake. Just a mistake. The kind every human being makes. But the words that followed hurt more than the mistake itself. I was told I wasn’t fit for that job. Not fit for any job. And I sat there crying. Not because I believed those words. But because sometimes words leave bruises that nobody else can see. That’s when I realized something. Healing doesn’t mean you stop getting hurt. Healing doesn’t mean people suddenly become kinder. Healing doesn’t mean life stops testing you. Healing means you don’t stay broken for as long as you used to. The old me would have carried those moments for weeks. Questioned my worth. Doubted myself. Believed every negative word. The woman I am becoming still cries. Still gets hurt. Still feels disappointed. But she gets back up. She wipes her tears. She reminds herself who she is. And she keeps going. Because deep down, I know that no matter what I do, I will always be a problem for someone. I will always be too much for some people. Not enough for others. Too quiet. Too loud. Too sensitive. Too independent. Too something. And if I spend my whole life trying to meet everyone’s expectations, I will lose myself completely. So now I am trying something different. I am choosing myself. Not perfectly. Not every day. But more than I used to. I am learning that healing sometimes looks like laughing after crying. Going out when you want to stay home. Making memories while carrying pain. Buying yourself a coffee instead of sitting with your worries. Taking photos even when you don’t feel your best. Protecting your peace. And refusing to let one difficult moment define your entire life. I still don’t have all the answers. I still don’t know exactly who I am becoming. I still have days where I feel lost. But maybe healing isn’t about finding yourself overnight. Maybe healing is about refusing to give up on yourself while you’re still searching. My faith in God is what keeps me going. When I feel broken, it reminds me there is hope. When I feel lost, it reminds me there is a path. When I feel like giving up, it reminds me that every challenge is teaching me something. So I keep going. One day at a time. One lesson at a time. One prayer at a time. Trusting that eventually everything will fall into place. Trusting that the answers will come when they are meant to. And trusting that even when healing doesn’t feel like healing, it is still happening. 🌿✨

Comments

Popular Posts