Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning That Every Season Has A Purpose 🌿

Yesterday, I went to watch a movie. It was just a few hours to relax, switch off, and enjoy myself. I came home feeling happy. But later, I heard things like, “You weren’t productive today.” “Tomorrow you’ll make another plan and go out again.” “You don’t do anything at home anyway.” For a moment, those words hurt. Not because I believed them. But because they made me wonder why taking a little time for myself can sometimes feel like something that needs defending. For years, I would have explained myself. I would have listed everything I had done before going out. Everything I do every single day. I would have tried to prove that I deserved those few hours. But yesterday, I didn’t. Instead, I sat quietly and reminded myself of something important. This isn’t about me. This is about how someone else chooses to see the situation. And I cannot control that. One of the biggest lessons I have learned is that your choices will always be questioned by someone. If you stay home, someone will have an opinion. If you go out, someone will have an opinion. If you spend money, someone will question it. If you save it, someone will question that too. You simply cannot build your life around everyone else’s expectations. That doesn’t mean the words don’t hurt. Sometimes they still do. But they don’t stay with me the way they used to. Healing has changed that. I have realized that every season in my life has been preparing me for something. The season of anxiety taught me compassion. The season of overthinking taught me to slow down. The season of constantly trying to please everyone taught me the importance of boundaries. And this season is teaching me something different. It is teaching me that I don’t need permission to enjoy my own life. It is teaching me that resting is not laziness. That laughing is not selfish. That going out for a few hours does not erase everything I do every day. Most importantly, it is teaching me that I cannot stop living just because someone else doesn’t understand my choices. I trust that every season has a purpose. Not because every season is easy. But because every season leaves you with a lesson. Today, I still don’t have all the answers. I am still healing. But I am healing differently now. My mornings are calmer. My heart feels lighter. I don’t carry every comment with me anymore. I breathe. I pray. I leave what I cannot control in God’s hands. That is the greatest change I have seen in myself. My faith reminds me every day that I don’t have to convince everyone. I only have to live honestly, do what is right, and trust that God is leading me exactly where I need to be. Every season has shaped me. Even the painful ones. And maybe that was their purpose all along. To help me become the woman I needed. 🌿✨

Comments

Popular Posts