Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning That I Deserve To Enjoy My Life
Lately, I have been thinking about what my life has become.
Everything begins at home.
My personal life begins at home.
My work begins at home.
My responsibilities begin at home.
And somehow, every day ends there too.
I work alongside my husband.
I look after our children.
I take care of the house.
I do everything that needs to be done.
And somewhere between being a wife, a mother, and working in the family business, I realised I had quietly stopped asking myself one question.
What is mine?
Not because I want more than anyone else.
Not because I don’t appreciate what we have.
But because I realised that having your own identity is different from simply having responsibilities.
Years ago, I had my own job.
I earned a salary.
But it went into our joint account, and naturally it became part of running the household.
Looking back, I realised I never truly felt that the money was mine to enjoy.
If I wanted to buy something for myself, I didn’t always feel confident doing it.
Many times I felt I should check first or ask before spending on myself.
Slowly, without even noticing, I stopped putting myself first.
The children came first.
The house came first.
Work came first.
Everyone else came first.
And I quietly disappeared somewhere in the middle.
Lately, I have been asking myself…
Why does wanting something for myself make me feel guilty?
Why do I hesitate before buying something that brings me joy?
Why does spending on myself feel harder than spending on everyone else?
I don’t think it’s because I don’t deserve it.
I think somewhere along the way, I forgot that I do.
That is why I have been thinking about finding a job outside the home.
Not because I want to leave my family.
Not because I don’t value everything we have built together.
But because I want to build something within myself too.
I want a financial identity of my own.
I want the confidence that comes from earning something in my own name.
I want to know that if I buy myself a coffee, a book, or something that makes me smile, I don’t feel guilty for it.
The hardest part isn’t finding a job.
The hardest part is finding my voice.
Every time I think about talking about it, I feel my heart race.
I get nervous.
I overthink.
I wonder if I’ll be understood.
Sometimes I even ask myself…
Am I being selfish?
But then I remind myself that wanting to grow isn’t selfish.
Wanting confidence isn’t selfish.
Wanting an identity of my own isn’t selfish.
It is simply part of becoming the woman God created me to be.
I have spent so much of my life looking after everyone else.
Maybe now God is gently teaching me that I matter too.
That my dreams matter too.
That my confidence matters too.
I don’t know exactly how this chapter will unfold.
I haven’t found all the courage yet.
But I know I can’t let fear make my decisions forever.
Every morning I pray for wisdom.
For courage.
For the confidence to speak with kindness and honesty.
Because I believe God didn’t give me a voice for it to remain hidden forever.
Maybe this journey isn’t really about finding a job.
Maybe it’s about finding myself again.
Finding the confidence I once had.
Finding the woman who believed she was worthy of growing, dreaming, and living fully.
Because becoming the woman I needed also means believing that I deserve to enjoy the life God has given me.
Not with guilt.
Not with fear.
But with gratitude, confidence, and faith.
And I trust that when the time is right, God will help me find the courage to take that first step. πΏπ€
Comments