Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning To Listen To The Quiet Voice Within Me 🌿

For a long time, there was a quiet thought that kept coming back to me. “Maybe I should work somewhere else.” Every time it appeared, I found a reason to push it away. “Not now.” “Things aren’t stable.” “Maybe later.” I convinced myself it wasn’t the right time. I told myself I was probably overthinking. So I ignored it. But something interesting started happening. Life began unfolding in unexpected ways. The very thoughts I had been dismissing quietly started showing up through other people too. Without me saying much, they began saying the same things I had been thinking. It made me stop and wonder… Maybe this wasn’t just overthinking. Maybe God has His own way of speaking to us. Not always through loud signs. Sometimes through people. Sometimes through unexpected situations. Sometimes through the same message appearing again and again until we are ready to listen. For years, I trusted everyone else’s opinions more than my own. If someone disagreed with me, I questioned myself. If someone told me to wait, I waited. If someone thought differently, I assumed they must be right. Somewhere along the way, I stopped listening to the quiet voice inside me. The one that had been gently guiding me all along. Now I am trying something different. I am trying to listen. Not just to my thoughts… But to my heart. Does it still scare me? Absolutely. Not because I don’t believe I can do it. But because every new beginning comes with questions. What if things don’t go the way I planned? What if life becomes more complicated? What if I make the wrong decision? Those thoughts still visit me. Then I remember something I once heard. “Until you make yourself a priority in your own life, you will always remain a passenger in it.” At the time, I understood the words. But I don’t think I truly lived them. Today they mean something completely different. Choosing myself doesn’t mean choosing against anyone else. It simply means I no longer want fear to make every decision for me. I want faith to. I don’t know whether this next step is the right one. I don’t know how everything will unfold. I don’t even know if I am ready. But maybe readiness doesn’t come before the step. Maybe it comes because of the step. Sometimes I still feel that pit in my stomach. Sometimes I still wonder if I’m simply giving myself excuses. Or if I’m finally listening to the truth I have been avoiding. I don’t have every answer. And for once… I’m okay with that. Because I have placed all of it in God’s hands. The confusion. The fear. The uncertainty. The future. I trust that if He has been placing this thought on my heart for so long, there is a reason. I trust that His delays are not His absence. I trust that if a door is meant to open, He will give me the courage to walk through it. And until then… I will keep praying. Keep listening. Keep trusting. Both the quiet voice He placed within me… and the God who gently speaks through it. Because becoming the woman I needed isn’t about never feeling afraid. It’s about learning that faith can be louder than fear… if I am quiet enough to hear it. 🌿🤍

Comments

Popular Posts