Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning That I Don’t Need To Carry Yesterday ๐ŸŒฟ

One of the biggest lessons I have learned is that I cannot control everything. I cannot control what other people choose to do. I cannot control how they behave. I cannot control the decisions they make. And honestly… I don’t want to anymore. For so many years, I carried the weight of things that were never in my hands. I worried about people’s reactions. I worried about their moods. I worried about situations before they had even happened. It was exhausting. Lately, I have been reminding myself of something very simple. Their choices belong to them. My choices belong to me. If someone decides to make a phone call, that is their decision. If someone behaves a certain way, that is their responsibility. What belongs to me is how I choose to respond. That realization has brought me so much peace. I no longer want to waste my energy trying to control what was never mine to control. Instead, I am learning to go with the flow. Not because I have stopped caring. But because I have started trusting. Trusting God. Trusting that He will guide me through every situation. Trusting that I don’t have to carry tomorrow’s worries today. The past has also taught me many lessons. Some experiences still stay with me. Some memories still make my heart a little uneasy. Yes, I believe we can forgive. But forgetting isn’t always possible. And maybe it doesn’t have to be. Healing isn’t pretending the past never happened. Healing is choosing not to live there anymore. The past can teach me. But it doesn’t get to control me. Every morning, I have a choice. I can carry yesterday’s fears into today. Or I can carry faith. I choose faith. I choose to believe that whatever comes my way, God will give me the strength to handle it. I choose to protect my peace instead of protecting my fears. Because the truth is, I cannot stop life from happening. But I can decide how much of it I carry in my heart. And these days, I am carrying less fear… More trust. Less worry… More faith. Less control… More surrender. Becoming the woman I needed has taught me that peace doesn’t come from controlling every outcome. It comes from accepting what is not mine to carry and placing it gently in God’s hands. That is where my heart finally feels free. ๐ŸŒฟ๐Ÿค

Comments

Popular Posts