Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning That My Life Doesn’t Need To Make Sense To Everyone 🌿

I have reached a place where not everything bothers me the way it once did. There was a time when I would replay conversations over and over in my mind. I would wonder if I had said the wrong thing. If I should have explained myself differently. If I could somehow make people understand me. Now… I don’t feel that need anymore. I have left so much in God’s hands. I trust Him to guide me where I need to be. One thing I have realised is that people often create their own stories about you. If you don’t call, they assume you’re selfish. If you become quiet, they assume you don’t care. If you take a step back, they assume you have changed. Very few people stop to ask, “I wonder what this person has been carrying?” They see your actions. They don’t always see your heart. For a long time, that used to hurt me. I wanted people to understand my reasons. I wanted them to know that distance wasn’t hate. Silence wasn’t disrespect. Sometimes it was simply the only way I knew how to protect my peace. Now I have realised something. Not everyone will understand your journey. And that’s okay. Some people only see what is on the surface. Some people don’t realise that a joke can reopen an old wound. That teasing can bring back memories you’ve worked so hard to heal from. That certain words stay with someone far longer than they intended. I used to wonder why. Why is it so hard for some people to understand someone who has given so much of themselves? Is it because they don’t want to understand? Or because they have already decided who you are? I honestly don’t know anymore. And I don’t think I need the answer. Because I have realised that I cannot spend my life waiting for everyone to understand me. That is a battle I will never win. Instead, I choose something different. I choose peace. My pain hasn’t disappeared. Some parts of it still quietly live inside me. But that pain no longer controls me. I haven’t given up on myself. I am still healing. Still learning. Still becoming stronger. And I refuse to go back to the version of myself who lived in constant misery, trying to earn understanding from people who were never willing to see beyond their own assumptions. Today, I choose to trust God with my path. I trust Him to give me the strength to speak when I need to. The wisdom to stay silent when I should. And the confidence to keep walking, even if not everyone understands why. Because my life doesn’t have to make sense to everyone. It only has to be true to the woman God is helping me become. And for the first time in a very long time… That is enough. 🌿🤍

Comments

Popular Posts