Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning To Trust The Timing Of My Life

Lately, I feel like I can finally see my life more clearly. I know what I want. I know what my heart is quietly asking for. I know there are changes I want to make. Yet… taking that first step still feels difficult. Not because I don’t believe in myself anymore. But because fear has a way of making every decision feel bigger than it is. Sometimes I sit there wondering… Should I? Or should I not? Round and round my mind goes. One decision could lead to growth. The other could keep me exactly where I am. And that thought can feel overwhelming. Have you ever felt like that? Where your heart is ready… but your courage is still catching up? For so many years, I lived my life doing what everyone else expected of me. I listened. I adjusted. I followed. I tried to keep everyone happy. Somewhere along the way, I stopped asking myself what I wanted. Now, for the first time in a very long time, I want to choose myself. Not in a selfish way. But in a healthy way. I want to choose my peace. My growth. My dreams. The life God has placed in my heart. And strangely… even though I know it’s the right direction, it still makes me anxious. It still scares me. Maybe that’s because every new beginning comes with uncertainty. Maybe that’s because growth asks us to leave behind what feels familiar. I don’t have all the answers. I don’t know exactly how everything will unfold. But I know this— God has never left me before. Every season of my life, even the painful ones, has brought me here. Every disappointment has taught me something. Every delay has shaped me. Every unanswered prayer has eventually made sense in ways I couldn’t see at the time. So why would I stop trusting Him now? Instead of asking God to remove every fear, I have started praying differently. I ask Him to take my confusion. To calm my anxious heart. To guide my steps. And if I am meant to walk a different path, I trust that He will gently lead me there. Sometimes I even ask Him, “Please give me a sign that what I choose is for my betterment.” Not because I doubt Him. But because I know that when my faith becomes stronger than my fear, I will find the courage to move. I have realised that healing, confidence and purpose cannot be rushed. Some decisions need time. Some dreams need patience. Some chapters need us to grow before we can step into them. Maybe that is where I am today. Not stuck. Not lost. Simply growing. And growth often feels uncomfortable before it feels beautiful. So I am choosing to surrender. Not because I am giving up. But because I am giving my fears to the One who has carried me this far. If God has brought me to this season, there must be a reason. If He has never abandoned me before, He won’t begin now. So I will keep praying. Keep trusting. Keep taking one small step at a time. Because becoming the woman I needed isn’t about having perfect certainty. It’s about trusting God’s timing even when I cannot yet see where the road leads. And somehow… that faith gives me enough courage to keep walking. 🌿🀍

Comments

Popular Posts