Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning That My Voice Matters Too ๐ฟ
Lately, I have realised something that has been sitting quietly in my heart for a long time.
Sometimes, the hardest person to speak up for…
is yourself.
For years, I stayed quiet because I thought silence kept the peace.
I avoided difficult conversations.
I adjusted.
I convinced myself that keeping everyone else comfortable was the right thing to do.
But somewhere along the way, I realised that while I was protecting everyone else’s peace…
I was slowly losing my own.
These days, I have come to a point where I know that if I gave myself the power to make more of my own choices, if I built my own financial identity and trusted myself a little more, life might feel different.
Not because I want to walk away from the life I have.
But because I want to stand in it as myself.
That thought has been with me for a while now.
I know what I want.
I know the direction my heart keeps pointing me towards.
Yet every time I think about taking that step, I feel anxious.
Scared.
Not because I don’t believe I can do it.
But because stepping outside your comfort zone is never easy.
Sometimes we already know the answer.
We just haven’t found the courage to live it yet.
I have realised that taking a stand isn’t about fighting with people.
It isn’t about proving anyone wrong.
Sometimes it’s simply about finally choosing yourself.
Choosing the life that allows you to grow.
Choosing the confidence you have been praying for.
Choosing to believe that your dreams matter too.
I don’t know exactly how this next chapter will unfold.
I don’t know when it will happen.
But for the first time, I feel something different.
I can feel that change is coming.
Not because I am forcing it…
But because God has been preparing my heart for it.
If He has brought me this far, it cannot be without a reason.
Every lesson.
Every tear.
Every unanswered question.
Every season of healing.
It has all been shaping me into the woman I am becoming.
So I have left it in God’s hands.
I trust that He knows the right day.
The right time.
The right opportunity.
And when that moment comes, I believe He will also give me the courage I need.
I have realised that whenever we are about to step into something bigger, fear usually arrives first.
Maybe that’s because growth always asks us to leave something familiar behind.
Maybe that’s why so many of us feel scared before making a decision that could change our lives.
I am no different.
I still feel nervous.
I still question myself sometimes.
But I no longer see fear as a sign to stop.
I see it as a reminder that I am growing.
And growth has never been comfortable.
My faith reminds me that I don’t have to walk this journey alone.
God has never left me before.
He won’t leave me now.
So I will keep listening to my heart.
I will keep praying for wisdom.
And when the time is right, I will trust myself enough to take that first step.
Because becoming the woman I needed isn’t about becoming louder.
It’s about believing that my voice, my choices, my dreams, and my life matter too.
And maybe…
that is the bravest thing I have ever learned. ๐ฟ๐ค
Comments