Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning To Be Gentle With Myself ๐ŸŒฟ

Today I realised something about myself. I still get anxious when I feel forced to do something my heart isn’t comfortable with. For a long time, I thought there was something wrong with me because of that. I would question myself. Why can’t I just do it? Why does this make me so uncomfortable? Why can’t I stop overthinking? But lately, I have stopped asking those questions with frustration. Instead, I have started asking them with kindness. Maybe my anxiety is trying to tell me something. Maybe it is reminding me of the places where I have forgotten to honour my own feelings. There are people I have quietly distanced myself from because every interaction left me feeling emotionally drained. Not because I hate them. Not because I wish them anything bad. But because I finally chose to protect my peace. Sometimes I am told, “You should call them.” “It’s your responsibility.” And every time I hear those words, I notice my anxiety returning. Then I quietly ask myself, When was the relationship only my responsibility? When was I the only one expected to reach out? When was I the only one expected to keep the connection alive? Relationships cannot survive on one person’s effort alone. That doesn’t make anyone a bad person. It simply reminds me that every relationship is different. The truth is, I am not comfortable forcing conversations anymore. Not because I don’t care. But because I have learned that genuine connection cannot be created through obligation. Sometimes I also worry that the conversation won’t really be about me. It will move to other topics, and I will quietly disappear again. That thought still scares me. And maybe that’s okay. Healing doesn’t mean fear disappears overnight. It means learning not to judge yourself for feeling it. For years, I was my own biggest critic. I told myself to stop feeling anxious. To stop overthinking. To just get on with it. Now, I speak to myself differently. I remind myself that I am doing the best I can. That my feelings deserve to be heard too. That protecting my peace doesn’t make me selfish. It makes me honest. I still don’t always know how to speak up. Sometimes I stay quiet because I don’t know how to explain what I feel. But I know God hears the words I cannot say. And somehow, that gives me comfort. I don’t have to have all the answers today. I don’t have to force myself into situations that don’t feel right just to keep everyone else comfortable. I am learning to trust my heart. To be patient with myself. To give myself the same kindness I have always given everyone else. I am still healing. I am still learning. And maybe being gentle with myself is one of the most important parts of that journey. Because the woman I needed wasn’t someone who was perfect. She was someone who finally learned to treat herself with compassion. And with God’s grace, I know I am becoming her. ๐ŸŒฟ๐Ÿค

Comments

Popular Posts