Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning That Rest Is Not Something I Have To Earn 🌿

Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning That Rest Is Not Something I Have To Earn 🌿 Lately, I have realised something important. I am grateful for many things in my life. I know I am blessed. I thank God every day for my family, my children, my home, and all that He has given me. But I have also realised something else. Being grateful does not mean shrinking yourself to keep peace. Because what is the use of keeping peace around you… if you are not at peace within yourself? That question changed something inside me. It made me realise that choosing myself is not a bad thing. It is a necessary thing. Not choosing myself over others. But choosing myself too. For years, I gave a lot of my time, energy, and care to others. I worried about people. I checked on them. I made myself available. I thought love meant always being there. Always helping. Always saying yes. But somewhere along the way, I realised that when you are too available, people can begin to assume you will always be there. One favour becomes another. One responsibility becomes expected. And slowly, without even noticing, you stop asking yourself what you need. Healing taught me something different. Choose yourself first. Not from selfishness. But from self-respect. Because when you choose yourself, you become stronger. Calmer. More confident. You stop chasing. You stop trying to earn love by doing more. You stop becoming emotionally dependent on people who do not value you in the same way. And instead… you come back to yourself. That is exactly what I am learning now. I want to look after myself. Rest without guilt. Take time for things I enjoy. Build confidence in myself. Create an identity that belongs to me too. That is one reason I want to work outside the home. Not only for money. But for confidence. For growth. For the feeling that I can do something for myself too. I want to enjoy what I earn. Make choices without doubting myself. And remind myself that my dreams matter too. I have also realised that relationships are a two-way path. Love, care, and effort cannot only travel in one direction. And that is okay. Life teaches us many things. Some people stay close. Some drift away. Some understand us. Some don’t. But life goes on. And I no longer want to spend my energy proving myself or chasing what doesn’t come naturally. Instead, I choose rest. Not because I am lazy. Not because I have finished everything. But because I have realised that my worth is not measured by how much I do for others. God never asked me to carry everyone. He asked me to trust Him. To do my best. And to leave the rest in His hands. That is what I am learning now. I trust His path. I trust His timing. I trust His hukam. And slowly, I feel myself becoming a better version of me. More peaceful. More aware. More connected to myself. Because becoming the woman I needed is not about doing more. It is about learning that rest, peace, and choosing myself are not things I have to earn. They are gifts God wanted me to receive all along. 🌿🀍

Comments

Popular Posts