Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning That Home Is A Feeling I Create Within Myself 🌿

Yesterday night, something happened that made me stop and think. At the end of the day, I was packing up the house and asked my son to pick up his things from the lounge room. I called him once. Then again. He didn’t come. Like any parent, I became frustrated and raised my voice. Not because I wanted to hurt him. But because I wanted him to learn responsibility. Almost immediately, I was told that I didn’t know how to speak to him and that one day he would stop respecting me. For a moment, I questioned myself. Did I do something wrong? Should I have handled it differently? Am I really the person those words described? Then I became quiet. Not because I agreed. But because I realised something. People will often judge your actions without ever knowing your heart. They see one moment. They don’t see your intentions. They don’t see everything you do every single day. For years, comments like these would stay with me. I would replay them over and over. Wonder if I was enough. Wonder if I was the problem. But something inside me has changed. Now, instead of looking outside myself for answers, I come back home to myself. Home is no longer a place. It is the peace I have created within. It is my morning prayer. My meditation. My breathwork. A quiet cup of tea. A conversation with God. It is reminding myself that I know my own heart. I know why I do what I do. And I don’t need every person to understand my intentions for them to be real. One of the greatest gifts healing has given me is learning not to abandon myself every time someone disagrees with me. I no longer need to carry every opinion. I no longer need to explain every decision. I simply pause, breathe, and return to the place that feels safe. That place is within me. Before going to sleep, I prayed. Not for people to change. Not for anyone to agree with me. I simply asked God to guide me. To help me become a better mother. A better person. A stronger woman. To give me wisdom where I need it. And peace where I cannot control the outcome. Because I have realised that not everything is in my hands. People will think what they want. People will react in their own way. But my faith reminds me that God’s opinion of me matters more than anyone else’s. I trust that He sees my heart even when others only see my actions. That thought brings me more comfort than any explanation ever could. I am still healing. Still learning. Still becoming. But every day I spend protecting my peace, trusting God, and being kinder to myself, I feel a little more at home within. And maybe that’s what I’ve been searching for all along. Not a place. Not approval. Not perfection. Just a heart that feels safe, peaceful, and deeply connected to God. Because becoming the woman I needed was never about finding somewhere else to belong. It was about finally coming home to myself. 🌿🀍

Comments

Popular Posts