Becoming the Woman I Needed — I Am Learning To Live Without Guilt 🌿

Lately, I have realised something I can’t quite explain. Sometimes you can have a conversation with someone… they hear your words… but somehow they never reach your heart. I don’t know when that changed. I don’t know why. I just know that something inside me feels different now. There was a time when I would try to explain myself over and over. I wanted people to understand my feelings. I wanted them to see my perspective. Now… I don’t feel that need anymore. Not because I don’t care. But because I have realised that not every conversation changes someone’s heart. And that’s okay. Lately, I have found myself enjoying my own company. I enjoy my quiet mornings. My walks. Writing my thoughts. Sitting with a cup of tea. Praying. Breathing. Simply being. For years, I thought choosing myself meant I was taking something away from someone else. Now I am beginning to understand that choosing myself simply means I am finally including myself too. Recently, I spoke up about something that had been on my heart. I said I wanted to work outside the home. I wanted to build something of my own. I wanted to have my own financial identity. It wasn’t easy to say those words. Even speaking them felt like a small act of courage. The conversation happened. There was agreement… but there were also conditions. And although, in some ways, I got what I had asked for… my heart still didn’t feel completely at peace. That surprised me. I kept asking myself, “Why don’t I feel happier?” Maybe because this journey isn’t only about work. Or money. Or having my own income. Maybe it is about something much deeper. Maybe it is about finding myself again. I have also noticed something else. There is no anger in my heart. But there is distance. No effort to convince. No need to argue. No desire to force anything. I don’t know exactly why. Maybe healing changes the way we love. Maybe it teaches us that peace is quieter than proving a point. I don’t have all the answers. I still question myself. I still wonder what this season is trying to teach me. But I have stopped trying to solve everything overnight. Instead, I bring it to God. I ask Him to guide me. To soften my heart where it needs softening. To strengthen me where I need courage. To help me see clearly when my emotions become confusing. I have realised that living without guilt doesn’t mean I suddenly stop caring about others. It simply means I stop abandoning myself in the process. I can still love deeply. I can still care. I can still do my best for my family. But I can also make space for the woman God created me to be. And maybe… that is what this season is really about. Not becoming someone new. But slowly returning to the woman I have always been. I don’t know exactly where this journey will lead me. But I know this— God has never left me before. He won’t leave me now. So I will keep trusting Him. Keep choosing peace. Keep taking one step at a time. And I will let go of the guilt that once made me believe my needs mattered less than everyone else’s. Because becoming the woman I needed also means believing that my life, my peace, and my heart matter too. And for the first time… I no longer feel guilty for believing that. 🌿🤍

Comments

Popular Posts